Dallas Aluminum Wiring Replacement
Upgrading Your Electrical Wiring to Keep You Safe
If you live in an older home, particularly homes that are built between the 1960s to 1970s, chances are, your electrical wirings are mostly aluminum. This type of material has been deemed dangerous due to its potential to overheat and start fires. As a family-owned company dedicated to keeping our customers safe, Arrow Electric, Inc. recommends that homes with aluminum electrical wiring should be immediately replaced by copper wiring. Our Dallas electricians have the experience and know-how to get the replacement done right the first time. We put great attention to detail and refuse to cut corners to ensure a safe and efficient electrical system.
Dangers of Aluminum Wiring
Below are some reasons why aluminum wiring should be replaced:
- Aluminum is soft, which can cause a loose connection and start a fire
- Aluminum expands and contracts with the movement of electrical heat. When it contracts, the connection becomes more loose, creating a fire hazard
- Aluminum is a poorer electrical conductor
- When aluminum is exposed to oxygen, it oxidizes, causing the connection to deteriorate
- Aluminum is prone to corrosion
Advantages of Copper Wiring
Although copper wirings are a little more expensive than aluminum wirings, copper wirings have several long-term benefits.
- Copper is the best conductor, which makes your electrical system more efficient
- Copper is flexible and won’t brittle when you bend it
- Copper is not easy to melt, even with power surges
- Copper does not loosen
- Copper is more compatible with many electrical appliances or fixtures
It is important to update and maintain electrical wiring for safety reasons as well as to ensure the efficiency of the electrical system. However, only a knowledgeable electrical wiring professional should attempt to do so as there are many things that could go wrong with improper wiring. Arrow Electric, Inc. has years of experience installing, replacing, repairing and maintaining electrical wires for home electrical systems. Put your trust in our expertise, and ensure your home is wired correctly.
Replace Your Aluminum Wiring Today
Our Dallas electricians cannot wait for you to enjoy the many benefits of copper wiring. Let us replace your aluminum wiring for a safer and more efficient electrical system. We also offer a 100% customer service guarantee, which means that when you’re not satisfied with the service we provide, you don’t have to pay even a single dime!
Call (214) 516-7440 to schedule your aluminum wiring replacement today!